Hordes of Things
Roving the Streets
~ Daughter’s Christmas Gift ~
Okay, so I started painting this shortly after I gave it to my daughter for Christmas … 2014. He languished in a box, in my kit, on and off for the last two years.
A while back I pulled him out and applied a new paint, Scale 75 Amethyst Alchemy, as a wash over his already green and purple body to give him a metallic look and feel.
And now in my recent kick to clear some Shelf of shame Space, I have FINISHED this Jabberwocky. Whew. Just in time to “re-gift” it to her.
Here’s what went into this bad boy…
- Body :: Vallejo Yellow Green
- Face, Underbelly, Spine and Wings :: Reaper Witchcraft Purple
- Claws and Eyes :: Vallejo Pancer Aces Stencil
Washes & Glazing:
- Purple :: DecoArt’s Americana Gloss Enamel Dioxazine Purple
- Metallic :: Scale 75 Amethyst Alchemy
- Claws, Wing Spines, and Horns :: Scale 75 Black Metal
- Horns, Wing Spikes, and Tail Spike :: Vallejo Blue Violet
- Eyes :: Reaper Sun Yellow blended to Reaper Rach Red
- Reaper Ruddy Brown
- Vallejo Yellow Green
- Reaper Rattlesnake Leather (Promo Color)
- Highlights :: Reaper Rainy Grey
- Crevices :: Reaper Grey Liner
Base and Integration with Integral Base of Mini:
All in all, he was an interesting build and paint. The only thing I don’t care for on this mini was the sculptor’s treatment of the claws. They were kind of armor-like and didn’t quite fit in with the overall esthetic of the mini.
Here’s “Wocky” …