I pulled another miniature off the wall of shame, Reaper Miniatures’ Lunkh, Hill Giant. Amusingly, it’s another of Jason Wiebe’s sculpts, so there are tons of detail on it.
He’s mostly finished and you can see the process in the WIP below.
From there I started assigning colors to his various furs and the armor under his fur vest.
- Jacket: Reaper Rattlesnake Leather with Reaper Carrottop Red inner lining.
- Leather Shirt: Reaper Red Shadow with Reaper Rach Red highlights.
- Leg Furs, Leg Armor (left side), Fur Loin Cloth: Reaper Umber Brown
- Bag: Reaper Auburn Shadow and Reaper Red Shadow.
- Leg Wrap: Reaper Auburn Shadow
- Bicep Wraps: Reaper Jungle Camo
- Hair and Beard: Reaper Rattlesnake Leather under Reaper Auburn Shadow
Here are some alternate photos:
From there it was time for details:
The pouch is more Reaper Jungle Camo.
I cleaned up his belly and added Reaper Carrottop Red to his hair and touched up the colors around the piece. The jacket got a bit of Vallejo Japanese Uniform WWII dried brushed over the fur. His arm furs were painted with more Vallejo Japanese Uniform WWII.
He’s pretty close to finished so the next post will be his show off piece. Stay tuned.