Working on the Undead Dwarf from Stonehaven Miniatures using a slotted base from the same company. The resin base is flagstone and has a skeleton hand coming out of the ground.
I enjoy dwarves. Unfortunately, I missed the Kickstarter for the Stonehaven dwarves. I traded for the set. And their undead dwarf is my favorite. I want to call him “Jolly” for his “smile.”
I first primed with Reaper Grey Primer and lined him with Reaper Walnut Brown. The photo below shows that I still had some more lining to do.
I finished lining him in Reaper Walnut Brown and got ready to basecoat him.
I painted the following…
- Face: Vallejo Yellow Green mixed with a little Vallejo Panzer Aces Stencil
- Beard: Reaper Mahogany Brown
- Belt: Reaper Mahogany Brown
- Bandoleer: Reaper Woodland Brown
- Armor: Reaper Heather Blue
- Shoulder Pads: Reaper Blue Indigo
- Bone Hands: Vallejo Panzer Aces Stencil
To make him look a little more zombie with beard and less skeleton with beard, I think I will be adding an eyeball to one of his sockets. I think the slightly wider right eye will give him a more amusing appearance.
Something like this:
I added a second eyeball to see what it looks like with two. I think I still like one eyeball, assuming I can make it look right at that size.
Stay tuned as I make his hammers “mithral” colored and finish working out his colors.