I have a set of cookie cutters that are hex shaped. The largest of which make a hex that doesn’t quite make it to the edges of my WoldStand Display Base.
So I rolled out some Sculpey and after a couple of tries with varies levels of softness and pressure, I managed to get the diamond plate pattern from my Happy Seppuku stamp onto the service.
Because the stamp is smaller than the hex in question I stamped the hex twice. Using the edge to create a seam.
After getting what I wanted I fired the Sculpey
Here’s the raw piece after cooking … the speckles are from a “granite” Sculpey kit I got as a present.
Then during paint day I primed it …
Then I did some painting to see what effects I could create like spilled oil or rust.
Basecoats and Washes …
And then some details …
The whole stamping thing on Sculpey was a pain. You can see where I missed getting some detail from the stamp.
So while not the finished piece, I figured I could try it out and see what it takes to make it look nice.
Here’s the finished piece for Test Hex with Diamond Plate pattern … it’s attached to a Red Oak Hexagon from WoldStand.